Monday, March 28, 2011

 

A Quieter Week...

This last week has been a fairly quiet one... decided not to do the Charnwood Forest Marathon as I am off on holiday on Friday and so am a little financially challenged at the moment... I hadn't actually entered it so no money lost.

At least the nights are getting lighter now which means more walks/ runs in the countryside and less pounding pavements! Last Tuesday I took my running gear to work and after my afternoon appointment I drove to Holme Pierrepont Watersports Centre, changed in the loos and ran twice round the lake- without stopping- just over 6 miles. Feels like I am building back up slowly! I have had a couple of fairly hefty gym sessions too- one concentrating on speed on the treadmill (getting up to the heady heights of 6.5mph then experiencing a woman getting onto the treadmill next door and immediately cranking it up to 9mph without even breaking sweat- I hate it when that happens!)

I practiced my swimming on Friday too, front crawl was difficult as my goggles kept letting water in and I feared for my contact lenses and I seem to pull and kick at the same time in breaststroke and apparently you are not supposed to. Now that I am doing it (slightly more) properly, my mum can swim faster than me!

I needed to go into town on Saturday so decided to walk in and back- a good 3 miles each way and I was back and forth across the city centre. One of my first ports of call is always Hotel Chocolat- they are usually giving away free samples!

I am going to Italy Friday- not trekking but sight seeing. It's a coach tour, we start in Rome, go to Versuvius and Pompeii before crossing over to the Isle of Capri, transferring to Sorrento and finaly driving up the Amalfi Coast. I am going with a friend- the same friend I went to Greece with 10 years ago, and although there won't be any real walking we will still have to walk round the sights so not entirely sedentary... so I may have a passing chance of burning off all that pizza, pasta and ice-cream... ooh feeling hungry!

The Valleys and Views takes place on Sunday 10th, and we get back late Friday 8th, so I will see how I feel...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?