Wednesday, April 27, 2011

 

Looks A Lot Like Spring!

We had a very rare occurence this weekend- a Bank Holiday collided with a mini heatwave! I took advantage quick and got out on one of my regular routes round Clipston Woods, to Cotgrave and back along the canal- it's about 12 miles and I ran a fair bit of it. Here are a few spring photos...






Unfortunately, my knee was bothering me when I got back. It's not a pain exactly- a kind of discomfort on the left side of my left knee. I do feel it whilst I'm out but it doesn't get any worse. When I am home I can feel it more, especially if my leg twists, but it's always gone next day. I don't want to risk making it worse so have been taking it a bit easier since.

I had a gym session Sunday and walked Monday- no running! No problems- so tonight I walked to the Regatta Lake at Holme Pierrepont and had a few running stretches round the lake. Touch wood- so far so good! The Regatta Lake is a rectangular artificial lake built for watersports and is ideal for running round as it's flat and there's a good track- it's just over 3 miles all the way round. There are also loads of geese- and loads of little baby goslings with very protective parents which made for very interesting running...


                                           Baby Geese With Protective Parents!

                                          The Regatta Lake- It's Long!


                                          More Baby Geese

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?