Thursday, June 02, 2011

 

Where Does The Time Go!?!

I honestly don't know where the last month has gone. Did we really just have May or did I just blink and miss it?

What with preparing for a wedding (not mine! My little sisters...) and being in some demand socially lately I just seem to have had no time at all.

Ok, that's the paltry excuse for the lack of entries over- so what's been happening lately on the endurance adventures front?

Well... not an awful lot... I have been out and about, walking, running and to the gym but it has been a bit sporadic. The crowning achievment was a 14 mile walk/ run in the rain Bank Holiday Monday. I went by Holme Pierrepont, along the cliff top walk at Radcliffe-on-Trent and onto Shelford, returning through some fields back to the cliff path. The rain never let up once- I think it may have turned to light drizzle for a couple of minutes, but that was the only respite. Trouble is, although it was wet, it was also quite warm, so I was in my t-shirt.

On the way back to the house I remembered some stuff I needed from Morrisons, and, knowing I wouldn't be bothered to go out later on, I limped up the canal to the store, absolutely soaking wet and rather fed up by this time. I passed a lady in waterproofs walking her dog- as she walked by she smiled and said 'Isn't it refreshing walking in the rain!'

My next little venture is going to be the Baslow Boot Bash on Saturday June 11th, I have also started to follow a training plan in a magazine (Trail Runner I think) with a view to finally settling my score with the Bullock Smithy...
Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Hi Steph. You posted this up fast! Was nice to see you at the start yesterday. Got around the course ok, few aches and pains as expected. I'll keep working on it. Hope you enjoyed the day. Glad the event wasn't today, the weather was shocking wasn't it! Well done and all being well I'll see you on a future event! Rich
 
Hi Steph. You posted this up fast! Was nice to see you at the start yesterday. Got around the course ok, few aches and pains as expected. I'll keep working on it. Hope you enjoyed the day. Glad the event wasn't today, the weather was shocking wasn't it! Well done and all being well I'll see you on a future event! Rich
 
Hi Rich- was good to see you too. Really glad you got round ok with no problems, it was quite a tough route so well done! I am so glad it wasn't yesterday it would have been so miserable! At least we only had one bad shower. Look forwards to meeting you again soon!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?