Wednesday, September 07, 2011

 

More Training!!

Spurred on with my success at going for a walk, I have managed to carry it on!! I went to the gym on Friday (steady on there...) before heading to Wells-Next-The-Sea for a more relaxing weekend spend pottering around the town, eating, drinking coffee and dodging showers on the beach.


                                          Bit Black Over Bill's Mother's...

                                          Looks A Bit Like Rain, Jake!!

The weather's been quite changeable- last Thursday I had planned to go to the gym, but it was a glorious day- hot, sunny and cloudless and it seemed such a waste to spend it inside with loads of sweaty people (or is that just me...) so I went for a walk/ run instead... I passed the Water Sports Centre, and jogged up to Holme Pierrepoint, following a byway to the A52 and crossing through fields back through Bassingfield- about 6 miles and I managed to run a lot of it (more of a lumbering jog) so I am happy. I couldn't resist taking my camera;



It really feels like Autumn now...

Saturday I walked along the cliff walk at Radcliffe to Shelford and back, a 13 mile route I've not done for a while, and I saw this fellow;


I managed more slow lumbering jogging, but felt a twinge in my knee so took it a bit easier, and stuck mainly to the elliptical in the gym on Sunday. It seemed okay last night though- I went round the Regatta Lake at the Watersports Centre and felt quite strong.

I had intended to do the Birmingham Canal Canter this Saturday but think it would pushing myself too much too soon, so I am going to aim for the Ponton Plod on 18th September instead- it's nice and local and one of my old favourites so I'll just take my time and have a good day out.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?