Tuesday, October 04, 2011

 

Training...

I have been stumbling my way back into training- it was so lovely at the weekend that I went out on a couple of walks. One Friday night, to Holme Pierrepont, down to the A52 and back through fields to Bassingfield. As I was walking through a field with horses, I chatted to one of the owners for a few minutes, who was filling up the water barrels. Sadly she said that they are having trouble with people stealing electric fencing, batteries and turning the horses' water barrels upside down so they have no water. I can't believe the mentality of some people!

Saturday I had an 8 1/2 mile walk/ jog in the heatwave! I had to feed a friend's cat so walked there first, and then joined up with one of my regular routes across fields towards Cotgrave, before doubling back to the canal. Sometimes I extend it by walking up to Clipston Woods or into Cotgrave itself but not today... I saw a chap acting suspiciously in a field I was about to walk through- he appeared to be walking backwards and forwards, occasionally bending over. I was getting a little worried until I got closer and realised he was just metal detecting!

I put my running gear in the car this morning and stopped at the Regatta Lake at Holme Pierrepont before my body realised what I was doing- and got in two circuits of the lake- slightly over 6 miles (I stopped to walk a couple of times but it was an improvement on the last time I did this!) I saw a little flock of tufted ducks merrily bobbing away on the water and a few crested glebes.

My next event is the Spires and Steeples on October 16th- 26 miles from Lincoln to Sleaford. I really like this one, it's another friendly one with some lovely views, plus there's something quite satisfying about doing a linear route. Like the Ponton Plod, it's usually sunny, but I heard that they are forecasting snow!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?