Saturday, October 15, 2011

 

Turning The Corner!

I have really struggled with motivation the past few months. I have found it really difficult to get back into a training schedule and to make myself get out there and do stuff- surfing the net, reading or just plain slobbing out seems to be a much more attractive proposition! I have been out running/ walking but feeling a lot less fit left me discouraged, and I wouldn't go out again for a couple of days so it was like starting from scratch every time...

I think that I was so motivated to train for the MdS because just thinking about it made me so scared I was motivated to put the hours in- I knew how I'd have felt if I hadn't made it, and the thoughts of telling everyone I'd failed spurred me on. But I haven't got an MdS to aim for at the moment... I'd love to set myself another big audacious goal like that but unfortunately my bank account says no way Jose!

However- I have had a much more promising week this week! Monday I decided to go out for a 5 miler, but assumed I'd have to run/ walk it. But no- apart from a brief 3 minute interlude of walking due to a twinge in my foot, I ran all of it! Ok it was slow, but it was one of those great times where your breathing evens out, you get into your stride and just keep going!

Thursday I did another run- slightly shorter at about 4 1/2 miles- and ran it all again, followed by a gym session Friday!! It felt good...

And tomorrow is the 26 mile Spires and Steeples Challenge. I really like this event a lot. It's a linear event, from Lincoln to Sleaford, which is quite unusual, but I actually find it more inspiring than a circular route- it feels as though you are going somewhere and that there is a purpose. Hopefully the weather should be fine too- I'm going to make up a flask of coffee and just have a grand day out. Hope everyone else is enjoying the sunshine!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Motivation is 3/4 of the battle. Set yourself some goals anyway, doesn't have to be expensive events. You can take a week off and run/walk coast to coast, or a couple of weeks along the Penine way. I think unless you have clear goals its hard to stay motivated. Rich
 
Thanks Rich- you are right, I think I need something to work towards, I am considering doing the Coast to Coast which is something I have always wanted to do. Accommodation tends to get booked up pretty quickly and I am rather skint at the moment so this may be a challenge for later on next year or early 2013.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?