Monday, January 02, 2012

 

Hello 2012!!

I have decided that 2012 is going to be a great year! Since doing the MdS I have kind of let things slide and I think that that's because I haven't had a big scary goal to work towards...

Unfortunately I am not in a financial position to give myself another big scary goal yet, so I will just have to make do with a less big and less scary goal... namely the Bullock Smithy! This will be the year I conquer the beast, it beat me in 2008 and it's gotten away with it for far too long!

I am also going to lose weight this year. I have put some back on since MdS and am aiming to get back to goal weight!

Other challenges; I aim to undertake more challenge events this year, old favourites as well as some in other counties so I can cross off some more from my Marathon Challenge (to complete a marathon in each English County). I am aiming to cross of five more counties.

I don't yet know all of the marathons I intend to do as some are not advertised yet, I am definately entered into the Belvoir Challenge (mud, mud, glorious mud!!) and would like to revisit and old friend- the Charnwood Forest Marathon. In April I have the option of felling two counties in one weekend as the Bath Beat (Somerset) is on Saturday and the Pewsey Downsaround (Wiltshire) is on Sunday...

I will post links to events as I find them- watch this space!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Good luck with all your targets for 2012 and happy new year.
 
Hi Steph,

It it were 2013 I would join you for the BS, as I've got my eye on that one.

If not I will see you at Bath & Charnwood, which I've entered.

Can I recommend the Clun Valley Challenge in May (Shropshire), stunning views and top food, make this one worth the trek.

Catch you later.
Ross
 
Hi Andrew thanks a lot and a very happy New Year to you too- all the best for your targets for 2012.

Hi Ross- I am actually very tempted to delay the Bullock Smithy to 2013 now you have mentioned it as I am so unfit at the moment!

The Clun Valley Challenge does definately look interesting, your photos were stunning so could well be worth the trip.

See you at Charnwood- I haven't entered yet but will definately do so.

Best of luck with your January events!
 
Good Luck for your targets for 2012 Steph. I'm sure you'll bag the Bullock Smithy this time.
 
I was thinking of doing an;

"Oh Why ? 50" challenge in 2012.

Try and bag between 3 & 5 50 events, just to see if I could do it.

See how it goes.
 
Thanks Rich- have you anything planned for this year or are you having a rest after Nepal!

Hi Ross- that's a great idea, I was actually toying with the idea of a LDWA 100 at some point but the body is screaming no at the moment!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?