Monday, January 30, 2012

 

I succumbed...

... to the various bugs and germs that have been flying around at work... I have been feeling sorry for myself with a bad cold for the past few days and so have done bu**er all on the training front...

Although I had a work training course on Thursday in the Hyson Green area of Nottingham and decided to walk there and back- 8 1/2 miles total- which was quite apt as I have volunteered to be a Workplace Health Champion and the course was geared towards attaining a small qualification. The fact that I rang in sick the next day as I felt bloody awful slightly took the sheen off though!!

Before that I had a family weekend at Center Parcs, I suppose swimming, sliding down the rapids, gentle walking interspersed with a bit of badminton and ten pin bowling was better than nothing!

Got to knuckle down now as there are not too many weeks before the Belvoir Challenge and I am going up to Blackpool in a fortnight so won't be training much that weekend.

Labels:


Comments:
You'll be amazed at how much fitness will be remaining in the legs.

I'd not done anything like Northampton (running wise), since Nov 2010, but still fet pretty good, even in the latter stages.
 
Thanks Ross- I hope so!! You certainly completed Northampton in a good time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?