Tuesday, February 07, 2012

 

Fun In The Snow!

Well, we got a proper dose of winter over the weekend... I was watching my sister swim in a tournament in Braunstone, Leicester, and as I drove over to mum's to pick them up, it had started to snow- little, hard flakes- and to settle a little. By the time we reached the swimming baths there was quite a covering on the ground and the flakes had become larger.

We were in for a shock when we emerged, three hours later... it had obviously been snowing hard all the time we had been in there, so there was a good three- four inches on the ground and the car. Driving back was awful... the roads were horrendous! It was a case of keep concentrating and try to keep to the wheel ruts of the cars in front... all the time the snow was coming down in bucket loads. I am not that experienced at driving in that weather and didn't greatly enjoy it! Then I had to drive back home... the A46 was dreadful. I saw several cars who appeared to be stuck, and one car sticking out of the ditch at a jaunty angle! (It was abandoned). I got home eventually but was so glad to be back!

Sunday morning I thought I'd take advantage of all the white stuff and go out and get some pics and exercise at the same time. Going out early was lovely as the snow was still thick on the trees- I decided on my Radcliffe- Shelford route, around 13 miles, although it felt much more in the snow.

Now, when I usually do this route I see hardly a soul between Radcliffe and Shelford and so I had rather hoped of being the first one to walk it and be able to take shots of paths covered with pristine snow... not so. Obviously everyone in Radcliffe and Shelford had set their alarm clocks so that they could get out and walk every inch of the paths they could find for miles around, or so it seemed! I did get a few shots though-

Around 11am the sun came out and I kept getting wet as the snow melted and dripped off the trees. I did manage a few shambling runs but felt like I was moving in slow motion.

Unfortunatly most of it has turned to slush, which has then frozen and left the pavements lethally covered so I think I will forego tonight's run and use the elliptical (which has unfortunately become very squeaky) whilst I watch the Biggest Loser...

Labels:


Comments:
I think you enjoy snow fall and these beautiful natural scenes
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?