Tuesday, July 24, 2012

 

The Walk- An Overview

Well... I am back! Haven't had chance to write much as my Dad and Step mum are over from Spain so have been spending some time with them. So- how did it go? I will write a fuller report but here's a quick overview.

The weather? Glorious now, mainly rainy and drizzly whilst I was walking! (although today's weather may have been too hot!) My main confession though is that I didn't actually complete the last bit of the walk...

I was looking around the castle ruins at Castle Acre on the second day and managed to fall over. Not wanting to appear a total fool I quickly scrambled to my feet and marched off but it was apparent that I had done something nasty to my ankle as it swelled up a bit and felt dodgy. I had also discovered that the new socks I had ordered were thicker than my usual ones and had rubbed blisters. I dressed them but the fact that I was unable to keep my feet dry meant that the dressings quickly rubbed off.

So I was in a pretty poor state as I limped into mum's caravan on day 4, having walked 45 miles or so on my damaged ankle, and so when she suggested that I could come back down some other time and walk the last section from Wells to Cromer, and instead potter round Sheringham with them, I'm afraid it was no contest!

Actually it was probably a sensible idea as walking a further 24 miles on the ankle wouldn't have done it much good- it has been quite sore and swollen since.

So I walked the Peddars Way and so far half of the Norfolk Coast Path! Further write ups to follow...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?