Saturday, October 27, 2012

 

Not A Bad Week...

I have actually done some (gasp) training this week!! Been out for a few runs and even motivated myself to hit the gym! That surprised a few muscles from their slumber!

Today was a cold but rather glorious day. I wanted a walk but didn't fancy getting too muddy so decided to stick mainly to paths and pavements (wimp!)

I ummed and ahhed over taking the camera but decided to in the end as I thought I might get some shots of the lovely Autumn colours... and as it turned out I was really glad I had it with me.

I walked to Holme Pierrepont and took in a circuit of the Regatta Lake, going off the path to walk up hills and around the little nature reserve. I kept seeing signs for the 'Spooky Sprint' whatever that is- I'm intrigued!

                                         Autumn Colours
 It was a beautiful walk.

After the lake I headed to the Trent with the intention of following it to Lady Bay bridge. As I walked towards the yacht club I noticed something strange over the other side of the river. There were a lot of swans but amongst them was a strange looking bird... it looked like a swan but a lot darker.

The swans swam towards me and I saw that it was in fact a black swan- the first I've seen. A cyclist stopped and got his camera out and we both took a few snaps of it;
 I think they are native to Australia so it had either flown a heck of a long way or else had escaped from somewhere.

After watching it for a little while I carried on down to Lady Bay bridge and diverted to the retail park before heading up the Trent and to the old railway track back home. I was feeling a bit lazy so no running, just walking...
                                         Autumn On The Old Railway Track
I am intending to complete a lot more events next year, including a few longer ones, so over this winter I really want to get my fitness back on track!
 



Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?