Monday, March 25, 2013

 

A 'Spring' Walk!

It's supposed to be Spring... shame nobody told the weather!! To think that this time last year it was really hot and sunny during the Charnwood Marathon... it was almost too hot to walk!

Yet this year I found myself walking through snow that was quite deep in places- here's a few pics of my walk round Holme Pierrepont and the nature reserve...







Training wise I haven't done too badly, I have got in a few hill sessions, with some long climbs which I managed to run (well, heave myself upwards in a forward motion which may have been slightly faster than walking...) I have also been doing some gym work.

I just need to find a hilly 27 mile-ish walk this week and then it's time to start tapering for the Three Shires Challenge- I just hope the weather is going to improve before then! Less mud would be a welcome improvement too...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?