Saturday, September 07, 2013

 

Ready For The Gritstone Grind??

I have the Gritstone Grind tomorrow... this is an event organised by Rich and the guys from Beyond Marathon. It's basically the 35 miles of the Gritstone Trail in a day- hills and all.

I entered this event months ago, reasoning that this would give me loads of time to get really fit... yeah right!!

I have been training and have been doing hill work in the past few weeks but I think we always feel we should have done more... I had a bit of a hiatus whilst my Dad and Step mum stayed with me for a few weeks in August and came down with a virus last week so things have been a little sporadic.

There is a 12 hour time limit, which gives an average pace of 2.9 mph but of course the hills will have an impact. I will aim to settle into a nice easy (slow) run, run the flats and downhills and walk the uphills. With luck it shouldn't be too muddy!

Here goes...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?