Saturday, April 21, 2007

 

Damn and Blast!

Blast!! I decided to do a short, slow run last night, and had quite a bit of discomfort from my heel. I ended up doing an extremely slow 4 1/2 miles.

Oddly enough, it feels absolutely fine today... not a trace of any discomfort however I move it!

Could it be the new shoes?? I'm not really sure what to do now; whether to run again in the old shoes and see how it feels, or just persevere with the new ones.

It's bloody typical; I feel that I am right at the start of my MdS training and I have a bloody injury!

On a bit of a lighter (literally!) note, I kept a diary of treks I've done in the past- Peru in 2003 and the Tour de Mont Blanc in 2004. I intend to create a web site about these when I get the chance! Anyway, I kept a diary, which I haverecently been rereading. It's quite funny! When I did these treks, I weighed around 12 1/2 stones, and the diary entries were filled with panic about not losing weight and not doing more exercise.... I used to worry like mad before I went!

I am off to Morocco in a few weeks, trekking in the Atlas Mountains with Explore Worldwide, and I'm not worried! Cos I'm now 9 stone 10lbs and a heck of a lot fitter!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?