Friday, April 06, 2007

 

Half Marathon Ready??

Well, I have my first half marathon on Sunday, the Belvoir half.. this will be my first half marathon. I managed a slow 12 mile run last weekend, and have been tapering this week (although went a bit mad in the gym last night as it was really quiet; only about three others in there!)

I have a slight left heel pain, not where the achilles is, but further down, so I'm hoping that it doesn't develop into anything more serious.

It's Good Friday today but no work. The builders are still here though, and predictably, as soon as I got my lunch and sat down at the computer, they suddenly appeared at the window, working on my flat! Nothing more offputting than having two blokes watching you eat lunch!

Been a bit naughty with hot cross buns too... my mum has bought me a Cadbury's Caramel Easter Egg with a massive bar of Cadbury's caramel in it, so after my run Sunday I plan to do it some serious damage!

I can't stop thinking about the Marathon des Sables (think I'll shorten it to the MdS). I have been reading accounts of folks experiences and I am very scared! Apparently 2006 was the toughest race yet due to excessive heat and humidity; 170 people dropped out of the race! 2007 weather was back to normal though, with far less drop outs... let's hope 2009 will be normal too!

I'm not underestimating this. It is going to be an enormous challenge. The defining point of my life so far... I feel that everything I do, every walk or run I undertake from this point onwards is leading up to March 2009 in the desert...

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Hope your half marathon went ok?

Did the 10k at Crewe today and it was a bit too warm for my liking and didnt really have a great run.

Found your blog through the search phrase "Marathon des Sables" and yours came in at No5!

My blog is lloydbiddell.blogspot.com if you are interested - will try to link you on my site.

Like your post about the spiders - sorry it was me who posted the second link with the scary photo's!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?