Thursday, May 03, 2007

 

Physio Again...

I had my second physio session today. I followed her into the room, she sat down, looked at her notes and said "Oh, you're the mad one! The one who's going to run aross the Sahara!"

I had more ultrasound and massage- she said that she could feel where the Achilles tendon has thickened. She advised me not to run for another week, but feels things are on the mend... I have another session booked for next week, and she said that we can look at starting off by running and walking. My mum had panicked me as she told me that a friend of a friend's Achilles snapped, and she spent 12 weeks in plaster! I asked her if mine was in danger of snapping, and she said 'No', but then told me not to sue her if it does! Seriously, she said that it's likely to snap if it's very sore and 'grindy' constantly for quite a long while. Which it's not- the only time it's bothered me is after the Valleys and Views, and even then not for long.

I told her about the Morocco trek, she said that she doesn't think that will harm it.

I did my usual 5 1/2 mile cross country route last night- but walked it! I did wear my rucksack with 2 filled 2 litre water bottles and a heavy pair of shoes for a bit of an extra workout. I usually go to the gym Thursdays, but will go tomorrow, as I was later home from work today. May be an idea to rest the heel as the physio seems to make it slightly 'grindy'. I think I'll use my mini stepper and cross trainer and watch last night's apprentice (don't tell me who got fired!!)

A trip to the local garage may be in order... I seem to have developed a chocolate craving today and may just have to obey it!!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?