Sunday, June 24, 2007

 

I'm Back!!!

I'm back from Morocco- just in the process of sorting out my (far too many) holiday snaps, then I will post a day by day account... it was, well, a bit of a culture shock- totally different way of life, and makes you realise just how much we take for granted in the West.

Good training though; several hours walking each day, with long ascents and descents, over often rough terrain, with quite a heavy pack (fleece, plus waterproofs, which weren't actually needed, plus 3 litres of water). I was pleased to note that on the climbs I could easily keep pace with the leaders, and even felt that I could go a bit quicker; I kept dropping back to take photos and catching up again quite quickly. Downhills were another matter though, as I am really sh*te at descending over rough terrain and have to pick my way down slowly and gently.

So- watch this space- I will try to post the first accounts tomorrow, right now I have loads of washing etc to do!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?