Sunday, July 29, 2007

 

Internet Problems...

I have had so many problems this week, what with sudden computer crashes, and then the computer kept getting stuck trying to connect to t' internet.

Everytime I tried to shut it down, it either refused to reopen AOL or all of my icons on the desk top disappeared and the only thing I could do was to shut it down!

I tried reinstalling AOL which didn't work, so I left it a couple of days, switched it on just now and decided to see if it would connect- and it did! Of course, it may still crash at any moment...

Went to the gym Thursday and today, with Katie. I have been gradually building up the running to 10 minutes running, 2 minutes walking and another 15 minutes running, and concentrating on 6mph and above, today I did a lot of work at 6.3mph and above. Trouble was, I forgot to take my towel, so grabbed some tissue from the dispensers in the gym. It was a pretty poor substitute, but as least it was something to mop up the sweat.

I stuffed it into the drinks holder on the arm of the treadmill, and, whilst doing a steady 6.3mph pace, reached for it. I forgot that the emergency stop button was in the same area, and obviously accidentally pressed it as I suddenly went from 6.3mph to nil in the space of 0.2 seconds! I nearly ended up on the bike in front!!

I have also been going back on the ellipticals and increasing the tension, plus jogging on an increasing incline. Touch wood, the heel continues to be ok!

I am going to try a 5 mile slow run tomorrow night. Right now, I reeeaaally fancy some chocolate, and am desperately trying to resist the urge...

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?