Wednesday, May 02, 2012

 

I'm Still Here!!

I feel as though I've gone MIA lately... partly because I haven't done any more events and partly because my left foot problem reared its ugly head again...

I went out for a walk at the beginning of last week- a little tiny slow 4 miler round Edwalton golf course- and on the way back I felt a sudden pain in my left foot- the area on the top of the instep which has hurt on some of the events I've done this year. It was quite painful for a few days, so I have been resting and building up slo-o-owly. I walked/ jogged round the Regatta Lake at Holme Pierrepont a couple of days ago and have also been to the gym and so far so good. I am going out again in a minute to give it another go.

I have decided not to do so many events at the moment as I am planning a solo walk in the summer. My mum has a caravan at Wells-Next-The-Sea, and I thought that while they still have it, it's a great opportunity for me to attempt the Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast Paths. Done together (the Peddars Way joins the Norfolk Coast Path) they are around 98 miles. They are generally completed in around 8 days, but I am going to attempt it in five... brave or stupid!


The challenge is set for Tuesday 17th July to Saturday 21st July, so I am now officially in training! As long as the damn foot holds up that is...

Labels: ,


Comments:
Good luck with the Peddars walk, and hope the foot heals soon.

I seem to be ok with my foot at the moment, event with all the events.
 
Thanks Ross, glad that your foot's are holding up- you have done loads of miles this year.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?