Sunday, May 13, 2012

 

A Walk In The Sunshine- For A Change!

I have started training for me Peddar's Way/ Norfolk Coast Path attempt in July, and last week was week 2... it was rather scuppered, however, due to the fact that I woke up Tuesday, got out of bed and the room was spinning! I felt really dizzy and sick (which was quite unfair as I hadn't even had the pleasure of any alcohol the night before!)

It was an effort to get up and go to work (even more than usual!) and although the dizzyness went off, I haven't felt that great all week, so much of the training I planned to do went out of the window.

I did get out yesterday though- I woke up to see skies of blue and sun instead of the grey and falling rain we have come to take for normal, so I loaded up a light pack and headed out past Holme Pierrepont.

It was a typically lovely May day;


I pass a Nature Reserve and today I decided to go in to explore for the first time- it was quite nice and made additional half mile circuit;


I walked mostly, to save my foot as I hadn't done much in the week, but did have a few runs. I'm not so bothered about the running at the moment though, as my training for the Peddars Way/ NCP will involve long walks, leading up to back to back distances with a pack- much the same at the MdS. I am under no illusions that I am going to run much of it! It will more likely be a steady march.

I headed down across the A52 and then walked back along the canal;

As I approached Bassingfield, I notice a path cutting through the rape crop, so decided to have a little explore to see where it lead to...



...It only lead round the field, so I retraced my steps but got a little extra distance out of it at least...

Then back home along the canal after a stop at Morrisons, where it was consumerism gone crazy!!

The cygnets have hatched- we now have 6 little baby swans and baby coots in various stages of growth- I love the spring!


Labels: ,


Comments:
Steph, stop taking pictures of the sun, you'll scare it away.
 
I did find myself wondering what that great big yellow ball thing in the sky actually was!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?