Sunday, June 24, 2012

 

... still plodding...

With just over 3 weeks before I head down to Norfolk to start my Peddars Way/ Norfolk Coast Path challenge, I feel as though my life has degenerated into stomping around the county with a stupidly heavy rucksack and house painting (don't ask!)

I still haven't managed to do consecutive walks but at least have been covering distances, and loaded up the pack weight with a dumbell and bottles of water. I have been walking evenings, between 7 and 8 miles, and covering longer distances at the weekend and have also put in a guest appearance at the gym.

I have been walking to work on Thursdays with the pack (only about 2.5 miles, and I would walk in more days if I could, but my work entails visiting people over a wide area so sadly I need to take the car most days) then doing a little run with a running club we have organised (4 of us on a good day!) and then walking a circituous route back home. I had an added little bonus on Thursday as I found a £20 note on the pavement!

Went out on my 18 mile route through Shelford and past RAF Newton which I hadn't done for a while. I really didn't want to do it though... I kept procrastinating and had even started talking myself out of it- you know, stuff like missing one day won't make much difference... maybe you should rest because you might be coming down with something if you're tired... but I forced myself out the door with the rucksack on. I didn't bother taking the camera as from the look of the sky it was obvious I wasn't going to stay dry.

Now the perks of walking in Summer are usually dry paths, dry feet and an absence of mud... sadly not in Summer 2012 though! All I can say is I hope the weather picks up a bit for my walk- it's got three weeks to get itself sorted!!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?